So I finally had to do it. I had to make my first large (actually HUGE) grocery haul by myself….and take both kids with me. Let me start out by saying I was fucking terried at first.
Not only did I have a bunch to get, but I would have both kids…oh and to top it off it’s snowing and icy outside today!
But I did. I trekked through our local Kroger with two carts and both kids in tow. I spent about 25% of the time in there chasing A.J through the aisles and listening anxiously to David crying (I was just waiting for someone to say something about me not being able to control either of the boys- but nobody ever did).
I’m going to share with you everything we got for the month on this haul, but let me first say I NEVER WANT TO FUCKING DO THAT WITH BOTH KIDS BY MYSELF AGAIN!
So…what’d I get??
- 1 3Musketeers Candy Bar
- 5 Boxes of Barilla Rotini Pasta Noodles
- 2 Boxes of Bomb Pop Original Ice Pops
- 2 Cans Bush’s Best Original Baked Beans
- 2 Cans Bush’s Best Southern Pit Barbecue Grillin’ Beans
- 4 Cans Comforts Sensitivity Infant Formula
- 6 DiGiorno Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza
- 6 DiGiorno Rising Crust Cheese Pizza
- 1 Doritos Flamin’ Hot Limon Flavored Chips
- 4 12pack Cans Dr. Pepper
- 2 Jars Duke’s Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Bottle Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 3 Packs Hillshire Farm Ultra Thin Sliced Honey Ham Lunch Meat
- 3 Boxes Hostess Snack Pack Chocolate Donuts
- 3 Bags Idahoan Buttery Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
- 3 Bags Idahoan Four Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 3 Bags Idahoan Loaded Baked Mashed Potatoes
- 3 Bags Idahoan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Jar Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 10 Bags Knorr Fiesta Sides Spanish Rice
- 8 Boxes Kraft Original Flavor Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 2 Packs Kraft Singles American Cheese Slices
- 3 Bags Steakhouse Style Cook-in-Bag Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Boxes Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3 Jugs Apple Juice
- 2 Gallons 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 2 Jars 6-Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 2 Jars Classic Pasta Sauce
- 3 Bags Peppercorn Seasoned Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Boxes Garlic 3-Cheese Texas Toast
- 2 Boxes Galic Texas Toast
- 1 Dozen Grade A Large Eggs
- 2 Jars Parmesan & Romano Pasta Sauce
- 3 Bags Shredded Mexican Style Cheese Blend
- 12 Cans Supersweet Whole Kernel Golden Corn
- 2 Jars Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 Loaves White Sandwich Bread
- 1 Box Pecan Spinwheels Pastries
- 1 Box Star Crunch Caramel & Crisp Rice Cookies
- 1 Box Swiss Rolls Big Pack
- 3 Boxes Luzianne Tea Bags Family Size
- 15 Packs McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 Boxes Old El Paso Enchilada Dinner Kit
- 1 Box Orville Movie Theater Popcorn
- 9 Packs Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix
- 4 Packs Boneless Pork Loin Chops
- 3 Cans Pringles Pizza Flavored Crips
- 1 Can Pringles Sour Cream & Onion Flavored Crisps
- 1 Reese’s Fast Break King Size Candy Bar
- 1 Reese’s King Size Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 Packs Sargento Baby Swiss Cheese Slices
- 1 Jug Simply Orange Juice
- 2 Cases Sprite 24cans
- 1 Box Stouffer’s Classic Family Size Lasagna
- 8 Boxes Stove Stop Chicken Stuffing Mix
- 8 Packs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Boxes Velveeta Original Shells & Cheese Dinner
Coupon Savings: $95.70
Final Total: $625.57
As you can see in the pictures above, our freezer and pantry are definitely stocked! In case you’re wondering why you don’t see those baulky packs of pork chops or chicken breasts, I always separate out our meat and put them in aluminum foil before putting them in the freezer. That way when I buy the large packs (10 pork chops or 8-10 pieces of chicken) I don’t thaw out too much for that night’s dinner and have a ton going to waste.
I’m super thankful for the associate at the store who helped me push one of my over filled carts to our van while I pushed the other cart, filled with groceries and two kids, and carried the hand basket filled with items.
To say it was a stressful and hard journey is putting it lightly. But it’s over now and everything has been put in its rightful spot.
I’m curious as to if any of you guys [whoever you are reading this] use a ton of coupons when you go shopping [I am obsessed with my couponing] and pre planned lists, or do most of you just seems to wing it when you get there? I personally feel more stressed if I’m at the store with no list or coupons [because I know I’ll forget something that we really need].