Hey y’all!

So it’s day 1 after surgery. While I wasn’t feeling up enough to make a post yesterday [which I figured would be the case fresh after the surgery and being sedated], I do feel good enough to make one now.

So, surgery went well from what I’ve been told and can see so far. There is still a ton of swelling going on so I’m taking Ibuprofen to help with that. But there really isn’t a ton of pain, which I was expecting and had prepared myself for mentally. So I’m assuming that’s good.

Apparently [this is from what Andy told me], after they gave me the anestesia, I ended up having a panic attack- which led to them giving me some other kind of medicine to try calming me down so they could finish working. Well, that completely back-fired for them. They did end up finishing, but the only thing that they could do to really get me to calm down was hurry up and finish and then bring Andy in the back with me. Haha, and according to him, I’m even more useless for directions when I’m drugged that I am when I’m sober lol.

Took us about an hour to get from the hospital to the car [it literally only took us about 10 minutes to get from the car to the hospital when we first got there]. But, I was helpful at remembering where we parked because I made up this stupid song before I went in for surgery and that was just about the only thing I did remember lol.

And on our way out of the hospital he ended up spending around $100 at the gift shop because drugged up me thought that if we buy enough OSU [Ohio State University] merch for my mom then she will be convinced to move up here and be closer with us. Now sober me knows that’s not going to work and he knew that it wouldn’t work, but he said that he did it anyway because he knows how much I love and miss my mom and it made him sad seeing me thinking about bribing her lol.

So yeah apparently to him I’m hilarious when I’m under anesthesia. I honestly can’t wait to see him when they have him under it on Monday lol.

It really must be good though because all I remember [not what he told me, but what I actually remember on my own] is being in the hospital room and them starting the IV for my anesthesia and then waking up that night in my own bed at home. So I remember from about 9:00am, then it’s literally a huge blank, then I remember around 7:00p.m.

So yep, but I’m healing pretty quickly I think which is great. I’ll be use to update you guys after he’s home on Monday from him surgery and then also how I’m feeling after I’m done healing 🙂


Published by The Moentmanns

Family of 4 currently living in Ohio. Life tends to be a bit crazy sometimes, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Welcome as we share some of the crazy ups and downs of parenting (and life in general) with you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create your website with
Get started
%d bloggers like this: